Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is the top 10 historical settings I love. I’m not a huge fan of historical fiction, but when I do read it, here are a few places I like to see…
- The 1920s: Perhaps the most glitz and glam era, the 1920s is my absolute favorite era to read about! Maybe it’s just since I read The Great Gatsby, but there’s just something, some invincible feeling, about this era!
- World War II: I love the drama of this era! I especially love hearing about spies in this ear and women in the war in this era!
- The Colonial Era: I’ve always been in love with the colonial era, ever since I was a kid. I especially love hearing about the war and how it changed people’s lives.
- The Medieval Period: There’s something so magical about the Medieval period. It’s just so…fantastically fantasy-esque!
- The Future: I’m lumping this together as obviously I can’t pick out a favorite era tat hasn’t even happened yet! Anyhoo! I love seeing how different people think the future will end up!
- Ancient Egypt: This era is just so intriguing and mysterious. Like an era when magic and reality mix
- Ancient Greece and Rome: *dramatic music* Age…of the gods…So dramatic!
- Ancient Middle East: You never hear anything about the ancient Middle East, but it sees pretty cool.
- The 1910s: Ever since Downton Abbey I’ve been obsessed with this era!
- The Renaissance: An era when art flourished should have art about it, ya know?