Welcome to Cover Lovin’, a weekly meme that features the covers we love! This week I’ve selected the stunning cover of Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan!
Reign of Shadow‘s jacket photography was by Christine Blackburne/Merge Left Reps, its jacket photography was styled by Sarah Guido Laakso, and its jacket design was by Michelle Taormina! And what an amazing job they’ve done!
One of the things I love about this cover is the purplish hue of it! It makes it seem just dakr enough but not too much! I also love the nature theme of the cover; how, when you look close enough, everything is made up of plants. This really highlights how big a role nature (the forest) plays in this story!
Do YOU have a cover you love? Participate in Cover Lovin! Here’s how:
- Pick out a book with a cover you love and post a photo of the book’s cover
- Give credit to the creators of the cover if you can find them (usually a quick Google search, a look at the jacket of the book, or checking the credits and/or copyright or acknowledgements section of the book will tell you the cover artist(s))
- Tell us why you love the cover. You don’t have to go in depth, just tell us what you like about it.
- Link back to me, Lila, the creator of the meme, in your post.
- Leave a link to your Cover Lovin’ post in the comments section of my weekly Cover Lovin post so others can find you!
- Tah dah! You’re done!