Time to spread some love and cheer around the blogosphere (yay rhymes)! This is my first time participating in Love-A-Thon and I’m PUMPED! Love-A-Thon is a 48 hour blog-a-thon hosted by Alexa @ Alexa Loves Books, Cee @ The Novel Hermit, Hazel @ Stay Bookish, and Mel @ The Daily Prophecy! They’re hosting lots of great events focused on spreading love around the blogosphere! First up: The Questionnaire!
1. What’s your name? Lila 🙂
2. Where in the world are you blogging from? Straight from the US of A!
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place? I was on medical leave from college and got bored. I loved reading and making edits and wanted to combine the two and share my love!
4. How did you come up with your blog name? I was trying to think of something catchy and mysterious, like a good book feels, and it just came to me!
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? Anything YA!
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews? Oh, boy. A ton of stuff. I post the regular memes, like Top 10 Tuesday, Waiting On Wednesday, and Stacking The Shelves, but I also post my own stuff like my edits, my bookish travel guides, and Cover Lovin’, my own meme where I talk about the covers I love. Apart from bookish stuff, I post my segment “On A Personal Note,” in which I just blabber basically.
7. Best blogging experience so far? My first two segments of “On A Personal Note” were very personal and emotional and I was so touched by the kindness and support I received 🙂
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community? How supportive and kind everyone is!
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016! That haven’t come out yet? The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi, Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton, The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye, Firstlife by Gena Showalter, and the fifth Throe of Glass book by Sarah J. Maas.
10. Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years! Uprooted by Naomi Novak, Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman, Sky Key by James Frey and Nils Johnson-Shelton, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, and Court of Fives by Kate Elliot
11. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read? Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley–it’s soooo gorgeous!
12. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF? Zuzana from Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
13. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend? Simon Lewis from The Shadowhunter Chronicles by Cassandra Clare
14. Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max) If I could pick from books, movies, and TV? Octavia Blake (from The 100 [TV Show]), Raven Reyes (from The 100 [TV Show]), Celaena Sardothien (from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas), Kestrel Trajan (from The Winner’s Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski), and Jessica Jones (From Marvel’s Jessica Jones)
15. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests? Singing and making edits!
16. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for? Clothes and food, lol!
17. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing? 7/11 by Beyonce (atm)
18. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book. I really think The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater would make a great TV show (not movie–TV would have the large scope necessary to accommodate Stiefvater’s gorgeous prose)
19. What would your dream library look like?
20. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with? Maria Dahvana Headley–she seems so interesting!