The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalize it! Include as much as you want or as little. Be creative, it can be a vlog or just a showcase of your goodies. Link up once a week or once a month, you decide. Book haul can include library books, yard sale finds, arcs and bought books..share them!
THIS WEEK IN BOOKS
Currently Reading After days of not being able to settle on anything, I finally decided to listen to…
- The Siren by Kiera Cass
Books Borrowed And Bought I nabbed some superb books from the library this past week that I just can’t wait to start!
- Dreamers Often Lie by Jacqueline West
- Consider by Kristy Acevedo
- The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
-Received For Review …
- The Graces by Laure Eve (eARC)
- The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti (eARC)
- On The Fence by Kasie West (Audiobook, Finished Copy)
READ AND REVIEWED
- Nereyda discusses second guessing her own negative reviews
- Shannon wonders if retellings have prerequisites
- Jeann, Jenna, and Aila reflect on the ups and downs of co-blogging
- Roshani Chokshi shows us a makeup look inspired by The Star-Touched Queen over on The Books Bratz (and it’s #fabulous!!!)
- Jess gives us Things Only Book Bloggers Would Understand: Gif Edition
- Paige gives us an AH-mazing talk about rape and sexual assault on college campuses and NA books! (READ IT!)
- Jolien makes some interesting points about classifying books as “young adult.“
- Cait hilariously tells us about the different types of series endings.
- On a related note, Nick talks about bad series endings and abandoning series.
- Sara Ella has a great vlog on author ettiquette on Goodreads from the perspective of an actual author (and, as a blogger, I recommend watching it).
- Carrie let us know the HTML all bloggers should know.
- Michelle clears up some misconceptions about Gryffindors.
- Ashley has some tips on accepting and reviewing books
- Aila writes beautifully on why she reads YA
- Ari reflects on the pros and cons of book slumps
PERSONAL AND BLOGGING NEWS
Whew! It was a really busy week for me personally! I helped my mom move so that was a huge time suck! We also called a ton of doctors and made appointments. Further, I has some applications to fill out! Then something came up last minute and drained all of my time. I still managed to attend my city’s Geek Girl Brunch,, though, so I ended the week on a fun note and met some great new friends!
Okay. Blogging news. Before I forget–some changes to the blog! You may have noticed that this past week there was no posts for The Travel Guide and The Costume Chest. Have no fear, they aren’t disappearing! Instead, I’m reformatting scheduling! From now on, The Travel Guide and The Costume Chest will be posted on alternating weeks! So it will go a little something like this:
Week 1: The Travel Guide
Week 2: The Costume Chest
Week 3: The Travel Guide
Week 4: The Costume Chest
And so on and so forth!
Moving on, it was a pretty good week in blogging. I had a really fun time taking part in Armchair BEA 2016 (my first time)! Other than that event, though, it was really chill. Just the normal routine that keeps the log running smoothly!
This upcoming week, I haven’t got much planned for the blog, but I do have to do a lot of reading for tours so I’ll be getting to that. But that’s it! What fun stuff do y’all have planned for the week? Anything you’re excited about? Anyone preparing for The 100‘s finale? Tell me all about it in the comments!
Over And Out!