The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalize it! Include as much as you want or as little. Be creative, it can be a vlog or just a showcase of your goodies. Link up once a week or once a month, you decide. Book haul can include library books, yard sale finds, arcs and bought books..share them!
THIS WEEK IN BOOKS
Currently Reading I fiddled around before settling on…
- The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
Books Borrowed And Bought Oh boy! It was a monumental week for borrowing books! I mean, I have a gigantulous haul for you!
- Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of the Universe by Benjammin Alire Saenz
- Catch A Falling Star by Kim Culbertson
- Defiance by C.J. Redwine
- Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley
- Meant to Be by Lauren Morill
- Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
- Shadowshaper by Danniel Jose Older
- Splintered by A.G. Howard
- Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
-Received For Review I’m really excited about my review books this week! They are…
- How To Disappear by Ann Redisch Stampler
- We Own The Night by Ashley Poston
READ AND REVIEWED
- The Siren by Kiera Cass
LIST OF THE WEEK
5 Summery Contemporary Reads
1. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
2. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
3. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
4. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
5. Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry
- Carrie has two tricks for fixing two annoying Blogger things and ohmygodIlovehersomuchforpostingthis!!! (*I’m speaking about Blogger the blogging plaform, not bloggers)
- Kimberly talks about how audiobooks helped her balance life, work, and reading (and I’m totes cheering for another audiobook convert!)
- Bec discusses meeting authors while having social anxiety
- Fadwa reflects on the symptoms of growing up
- Jenny asks if you’d still blog if you didn’t have followers
- Kiraning discusses how it lessens your credibility to make sweeping generalizations, using Bellarke and Braven shippers as an example.
- Briana analyzes why the future of book blogging might be co-blogging
- Kaitlin ponders what the point of growing her blog is
- Carolyn writes a bookstagram parody and it’s totlly lol-worthy!
- Speaking of bookstagram, Karina shows us some of her epic bookstagram fails
- Cynthia lists some things book snobs say
- Nereyda talks bookish turnoffs
- Jenny tells us 20 honest thoughts she’s had as a blogger and it’s pretty dead on!
- Paige talks about what the book community gave her in a heartwarming post
- Ari speaks up against shaming NA readers
- Jellafy lists things that readers love to hear and the sarcasm is real in this video.
- Keionda lists the different types of bloggers
- Jo has a fascinating discussion on the gender divide in reading
For More, Visit Me On Instagram @thebookkeeper5
PERSONAL AND BLOGGING NEWS
I had a really good week. My boyfriend had an interview in a nearby city so he flew in and we got to spend 2 hours together. It wasn’t much time, but it was really nice. He also brought me some of my books (because when I left on medical leave I had to leave pretty much all of my books with him), so of course that made me happy!
MY INTERNET HAS FINALLY BEEN FIXED FOR GOOD (FOR NOW)!!! For those of you that don’t know, my internet’s been in and out for the past few months. It went out for two days this past weekend and my mom got fed up and called the cable company, who came out and fixed everything. So, though I have no idea about the deets of what happened, the cable company said it should be all good from now on!
I also ordered new glasses frames and I’m *super excited* about them. They’re dark pink Lilly Pulitzer cat eyes! I love how unique they are and how they show off my personality–plus they’re fuchsia! So I’m happy about that. I’ll be sure to post a picture when I get them and fill the lenses!
In other news, I feel like I’ve been slowly improving at bookstagram. The quality of my photos has gotten incrementally better and I’ve started using hashtags to connect with people. So I guess I’m moving forward on my goal of improving my photography.
As for this week in blogging news, not much has happened. I did guest post on BookStacksAmber for her Mental Health Awareness Month guest post series, so that was fun! But other than that, things have been quiet.
Let’s see…What else is there?…
Oh! I did go on a late night blog and twitter hop last night (Saturday evening) and veeeeeeeeeeery early this morning! I found all of my lovely and wonderful WordPress peeps on Twitter so if you want to talk (about anything), feel free to hit me up! I also found some great new bloggers to follow, so I’m excited about that.
What’s in the works, you’re asking? I am trying to write more original content but I feel like I’m at a standstill. I just feel kinda worn out creatively and like I need something to just brighten me up, ya feel me? Yes? No? Maybe? Maybe it’s just me. Idk, I feel like a lot of bloggers are worn our and/or on hiatus right now for the same reasons. But I’m creative and I have confidence that I can work myself out of this rut! If y’all have any content ideas for what you’d like to see/see more of on this blog, definitely let me know in the comments!
Aaaaaaand that’s about it! How was your week? Anything fun or exciting on the horizon? Anyone go to BEA and/or Bookcon? Tell me all about it in the comments!
Over And Out!