Heya, ducklings! It’s Lila! A few weeks back I announced that The Bookkeeper’s Secrets would be adding two new bloggers–Maggie and Claire. I introduced y’all to Maggie and then I’m truly ashamed to say that I blanked on introducing my wonderful, amazing friend and co-blogger, Claire. Please shame me. I deserve it.
Anyhow, today, I’m pleased to introduce y’all to Claire. Claire is a twenty something mechanical engineering student whose loves include reading and wine tasting! And today, Claire has 25 facts about herself to share with y’all. So without further ado, I present to you…DRUMROLL PLEASE!…Claire!
Is it laziness to just repost the 25 introductory facts I originally posted on the old blog Lila and I shared? Probably. But I’m giving myself a pass because it’s finals season.
- I was born in the Year of the Dog.
- The above fact is extremely relevant to who I am as a person, because I have an endless capacity of love for dogs.
- Last fact about myself concerning dogs: seeing a video of a dog doing dumb things is 1000% guaranteed to make me feel better about life, no matter how stressed/tired/upset/angry I am.
- I am a Slytherin. I knew this as a child just from reading the books, but Pottermore has confirmed it on two separate occasions.
- I am studying mechanical engineering.
- I cannot roll my Rs. Not even a little. (Note: this makes it impossible for me to say “dog” in Spanish. (Okay, so I lied about #3 being my last dog fact.))
- While my sense of humor tends to be on the dry side, I absolutely LIVE for puns.
- I am terrible at making puns.
- One skill I would really like to learn is to identify wines by taste and be able to pair them with foods.
- I have a three way tie for favorite movie: Finding Nemo, the entire extended edition Lord of the Rings trilogy, and The Prestige.
- My favorite music artist usually changes based on what I’m currently listening to. The vast majority of music I’ve been listening to this year is from the Hamilton soundtrack, so I’d have to say that the Hamilton cast members are my current favorite musical artists.
- My friend won lottery tickets to Hamilton and took me with her. I GOT TO SIT FRONT ROW and I will be riding that high for approximately 30 years.
- While I absolutely love musical theater, I possess 0 talent for singing. Or dancing. Or acting. But I’m a great audience member!
- I can’t sing the high notes in “Happy Birthday” so I always have to change octaves halfway through.
- I have extreme wanderlust: I want to travel and see beautiful things and experience different cultures and learn new languages and eat ALL the food.
- I can speak French decently and plan on studying abroad so I can become more fluent.
- I used to play a LOT of sports. Now I play 0.
- I want to be as knowledgeable about a books series as Stephen Colbert is about the Lord of the Rings.
- I really like pretty clothes.
- I LOVE lipstick. Preferably dark red.
- I’m 5’10.
- My friend and I once seriously considered trying to ask Tina Fey to prom.
- I love cooking and baking, largely because I love eating the things I cook/bake.
- I really admire people who can draw well and hope to improve my art skills one day.
- Whenever I’m in reading slumps I just read mass amounts of fanfiction.
And thus, the inner mysteries of my psyche have been revealed. Well, not really. But now you’re a little closer to unlocking the secrets of my mind!