Hey, y’all! Maggie here, trying to make a storming comeback from an intense blogging slump! I decided to copycat Lila and fill out the Who Are You tag myself – I’m excited for our readers to get to know me a little better, especially since I’ve been incredibly absent around here lately.
I was so desperate to write one day that I wrote about nothing, basically like a Seinfeld episode regarding my writer’s block – if you’d like, you can read that post here!
Well, let’s get on with it! 😀
What is the meaning of your name?
I was named for my dad’s maternal grandmother, Magdalena. My parents toyed with naming me Magdalena as well, but decided to shorten my name to simply Maggie. My mom has always said she didn’t want to give me the longer name so I wouldn’t be saddled with having to spell my name for people at all times!
P.S. – for some reason, Maggie still gets misspelled sometimes, which is strange; there are other spellings like Maggy or Maggi, and I’m sure there are even more, but you’d think the more common, in my perception, spelling, would be pretty obvious.
Just a tidbit: I attended Catholic school and we had a nun who was our principal. I swear, every school year, she would ask me if my ‘real’ name was Margaret – I’d be like – it’s just Maggie; I’m named for a MAGDALENA. I recall being in the fourth grade and we were tasked with choosing our patron saints based on our names. Naturally, I chose Mary Magdalene, duh. The nun argued with me even then, saying my patron saint should be Saint Margaret. That woman got on my nerves SO bad!
Anyway, my middle name, Neil, was the last name of my mom’s grandmother on her mother’s side of the family. I always know I’m probably in trouble when I’m called Maggie Neil by my mom or dad, as I’m sure all kids are when addressed by their full names!
What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?
*I did a post – INFP is Me – regarding this question on my personal blog, The Caramel Files, so I’m going to direct y’all to that post if you’re curious!*
What is your Zodiac sign?
I’m a die hard Sagittarius and very proud of it! LOL! Here’s an interesting fact: Lila, Claire, and I are all Sagittarius! What are the odds?!
I found a website listing the 21 most common traits of those born under the Zodiac sign:
- Sagittarius is an optimist who dreams BIG – I’m a total optimist and tend to look at the bright side of things and realize that stuff can always be worse.
- Sagittarius is candid and honest – Don’t ask for my opinion if you really don’t want to hear the truth.
- Sagittarius is witty and has a wicked sense of humor – Aw, shucks! I can always find SOMETHING to laugh at, even myself.
- Sagittarius is independent and hates being told how to live – VERY TRUE; if I’m bossed too much, I’ll do the opposite of what I’m told.
- Sagittarius can be restless and impatient – This is something I need to work on – when I have an idea or an urge to do something, I want it to be done by myself or someone else IMMEDIATELY and I hate waiting, unless I have a good book to entertain me!
- Sagittarius can read you like a book – I feel that I have a great sense of intuition and I can FEEL people’s energy radiating from them.
- Sagittarius is allergic to bullshit – This is also very true of my nature – I can’t handle people who are in constant turmoil over something ridiculous, I hate pointless and time-wasting meetings, and I certainly don’t tolerate fake people.
- Sagittarius can’t stand selfish people or sore losers – I have no concept of being totally selfish and those who can’t take being beaten in stride irritate me very much. I’d rather be alone than put up with people who are all about themselves or pitch fits over losing, regardless of the circumstances.
- Sagittarius is hard to fool and is always thinking ten steps ahead – The website says we’re very clever and I agree. I can almost always find a solution to a problem and I dare someone to pool the wool over my eyes.
- Sagittarius seeks out freedom and is extremely hard to pin down – Yes! I’m fiercely independent and hangers on really freak me out. Don’t be surprised if I hide out sometimes.
- Sagittarius can become ruthless when they feel they have been wronged – I’ll let this fact speak for itself!
- Sagittarius isn’t afraid to take risks in life – I ain’t scared!
- Sagittarius are creative and extremely curious – I ALWAYS have questions and I take great pride in my creative side.
- Sagittarius is spontaneous and fun to be around – I’ve always flown by the seat of my pants and I’m generally up for anything. I enjoy my own company, so why wouldn’t others? 😀
- Sagittarius loves to prove people wrong – I’m bad to argue my point and/or facts I know to death. A lot of the time I end up being wrong, but I take it in stride. I probably should’ve been a lawyer.
- Sagittarius tries to avoid petty drama and instead focuses on what’s important to them – Let’s just say I don’t put up with shit I deem to be completely unimportant. If you thrive on drama, I’m likely not part of your life.
- Sagittarius is careful about who they give their heart to and takes time to commit – This statement is incredibly true to me. I never was one of those girls who dated just to date; I always wanted someone to put in effort and show me they care. I didn’t find anyone willing to wait for me until I met my now husband.
- When Sagittarius is hurting, they can distance themselves from others and conceal their emotions – I often drop off the face of the earth when upset and hate to burden others with my problems. That’s why I have a therapist!
- Sagittarius doesn’t hold on to grudges and leaves the past in the past – What’s the point of being hung up on what can’t be undone?
- Sagittarius is always there for their loved ones when they need them most – I’m a good listener and I have a really good shoulder to cry on.
- Sagittarius is adventurous and loves to experience new things – TOTALLY TRUE
What is your Hogwarts house?
I’m a true crimson and gold Gryffindor! Every single test I’ve taken, especially on Pottermore, has sorted me into this house and I take great pride in that. I used to hope I’d get the Slytherin result, as I adore Draco Malfoy, but I’d like to defeat him at the same time.
Bonus answer: my Patronus is a basset hound.
What are your learning styles?
I’m a kinesthetic learner by a landslide, according to the website Lila referenced in her post. I learn best by using my senses, doing practical exercises, observing examples, and through trial and error. I need hands-on activities and I love to learn independently.
Are you right or left brain dominant?
I am right brain dominant, which means I’m fueled by intuition, creativity, fantasy, and curiosity.
According to the test, I’m 62% right brained and 38% left brained, which relies on logic, language, strategy, rules, rationality, and details.
What is your blood type?
I agree with Lila, this question is kind of strange, but what the hell; I’m AB+, which is apparently pretty rare.
What career are you meant to have?
I have a master’s degree in social work and, lo and behold, one of my results was child/family/school social worker! All of these fields I have worked in and I feel they have been good fits for me.
What Divergent faction are you?
I’ve never read Divergent, but I’ll take the quiz anyway!
I scored highest in the Erudite (intelligent) and Candor (truthful) factions, which I think fits my personality nicely.
What does your birth order say about you?
I’m the baby of the family, with an older brother. Stereotypically, I’m a free-spirited, charming, risk-taker – I think this is pretty accurate!